AboutSunny Bay Apartments (as pictured) are situated close to the town of Shanklin and the old village, which houses some of the finest pubs and eating establishments in the area. The sea front is only five minutes away by car. You can walk to any location including the shops, trains and bus station within 5-10 minutes. There is a local medical centre very close by too.
The apartments are serviced once a week with clean towels and linen and there is a small welcome pack on your arrival to give you that welcome cup of tea or coffee before you set about exploring the wonderful area of Shanklin and the beautiful Isle of Wight. Please note a DVD player is available in all apartments.
* APARTMENTS 1,3,9 (Awarded EnjoyEngland 4 Stars) are two bedroom apartments spread over three floors. The ground floor is suitable for the disabled and people with walking difficulties. They are spacious and nicely decorated. The kitchens have microwave ovens as well as conventional cookers. They sleep up to four persons in two bedrooms consisting of one double bed and one set of twin beds. We do offer put you up beds for additional children under 10 years of age. There are washing machines in the apartments. The apartments are fully central heated and included in the tariff as well as the gas and electric.
* APARTMENT 2 & 4 (Awarded EnjoyEngland 4 Stars) is a three bedroom apartment on the second floor and sleeps up to six comfortably. The bedrooms lay outs are two double beds and one twin set of beds. They are the same as above and meet a high quality. Apartment 2 has a master en-suite.
* APARTMENTS 5,7,8, (Awarded EnjoyEngland 4 Stars) are one bed apartments that sleep up to 4 persons with bed settees in the lounge.
* SUNNY BAY APARTMENT 14 (Awarded EnjoyEngland 4 Stars) is a purpose built 2 bedroom apartment especially laid out for the disabled. It will incorporate a wet room, with full disabled facilities as well as electric riser chair in the lounge. There will be ample grab handles around the apartment and the bedrooms will be equipped with a bed which has full electric controls to alter the position of your head and legs at a touch of a button. This is a 2 bedroom apartment which can have either a double bed and set of twins or can be changed around to suit the disabled person and their carer or family. Full details on application and tariffs.
The kitchens are comprehensive should you decide to cook or we can recommend many restaurants where the dining is al a carte or good value pub grub.
We allow pets with prior arrangement in 2 apartments. These have to be booked in advance and are subject to availability. There is an additional payment of £25.00 per animal accepted.
The apartments have residential managers 'Julia and Lance "who are there specifically to ensure the quality of the accommodation is maintained and to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
We also have a mobility scooter that is available for hire.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Sunny Bay Apt 14 - suitable for disabled||from £315.00 to £805.00 per unit per week|
|Sunny Bay Apts 1,3,9||from £315.00 to £805.00 per unit per week|
|Sunny Bay Apts 2 & 4||from £480.00 to £945.00 per unit per week|
|Sunny Bay Apts 5, 7, 8||from £280.00 to £720.00 per unit per week|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Cot(s) available
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On site parking
Room / Unit Features
- Baths some rooms
- DVD Player some rooms - In the Lounge
- Ironing Facilities
- No Smoking in Unit
- Showers all rooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Washing Machine
- Colour television in lounge
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Linen included
- Linen provided
- Open all year round
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Wireless Internet Access
- Short breaks available
- Sunny Bay Apartments
- Regal Court
- Sunny Bay Apartments - Disabled Accommodation
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, A3054 to Ryde, straight along Esplanade to boating lake, follow road round onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport Directions
From Ryde: please either visit the train station annexed to the Catamaran or travel on the No. 2 or 3 bus route
From West Cowes: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
From Yarmouth: No. 7 to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- 4 Visit England Stars Self Catering
- 1 Accessibility - Mobility
- Tourism South East Award - Access for All Tourism Highly Commended 2010
- Tourism South East Award - Access For All Tourism Highly Commended Award 2009
|Open All Year|
|Open New Year|
|Opening 2016 (1 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2016)|